Thursday 24 May 2012

Summertime!!!

So Aldo America's new summer collection has some really awesome flat sandals. So awesome that Anjana, the indecisive Libran, is having a very hard time deciding which she would (hypothetically) like to buy. Like most summer sandals, these come with a rubber sole and fabric on top. In no particular order, I like:

Brisky - Priced at $50, I loooveeee the shiny applique work on top. Don't think I've ever seen such Indian looking work in a foreign shoe brand before. Have you? It makes Brisky (which also comes in brown, beige and bright blue) the perfect accompaniment to Indian and western wear!



Then there is Gutmann - While I can't say I entirely like the style or the colour of the sole (is it just me or does it have a very sadak chhap feel about it??), I louuuuvveeee the colours. The bright orange and fuchsia make for a winning combination that would look stunning with a summery white dress. With the rupee falling at its present rate, Gutmann is definitely more reasonable than Brisky at $40.



The synthetic Hardenburg has super funky jello straps in cool, fluorescent colours including green, orange and pink. What I particularly love is the colour coordinated sole. While otherwise priced at $35, Hardenburg is currently on sale at $18.74!! Friends in the US, BUY, BUY, BUY!



And finally there is Micheals - T strap sandals in light pink and black. I think the pretty flower ornament on top makes these the most VFM at $40. But then again I am a sucker for girly shoes with flowery things on top.



A little shout out to Aldo at this point - I can only hypothetically decide which to buy since Aldo US doesn't ship to India and Aldo India doesn't have online shopping at all! :( Aldo please to be rectifying?

No comments:

Post a Comment